Monday, December 12, 2011

Laundry and Liquid Hand Soap Recipes


I've scoured the internet for several laundry and hand soap recipes and these are the two that I have made and like so far.

Laundry Soap (powder):
  • 1 c Borax
  • 1 c Washing Soda
  • 1 c grated Ivory bar
Just mix together.

This is a nice, simple, easy to do recipe. You can add essential oils to it but I prefer fragrance free. This powder works in both top and front loading washers. source

Liquid Hand Soap:
  • 1 c grated soap (I used those bar hotel soaps or use your preference)
  • 1 tbs glycerin
  • 10 c water
Combine in a pot over medium heat until soap dissolves. Let cool and pour into containers.

note: if your soap contains a lot of glycerin you may not have to add the full glycerin amount the recipe calls for. I will be playing with this recipe. The soap does not suds up with hand washing - yes people its not the suds that clean its the actual soap and friction. It does suds up with a bath scrunchie so I mostly use it in the shower. source 

Other recipes I've looked at but never tried:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...